Tony Hsieh and Jenn Lim want to deliver even more happiness
Last year Tony Hsieh’s book ‘Delivering Happiness’ was launched on the exact same day as ‘Predictable Success’ (and knocked us off the Amazon #1 spot). It also went on to dominate the business best-seller lists for most of the rest of the year and to change the customer service mindset of literally of thousands of executives.The book has since morphed into a bus tour, and then a fully fledged movement. Now Tony’s long-term associate Jenn Lim has taken over as CEO of ‘Delivering Happiness – the movement’, and I’m delighted to say I recently had the opportunity to interview them both about business growth lessons, the book, and their hopes for ‘Delivering Happiness’ in the future.
In this interview Tony and Jenn share:
- » Tony’s top 3 events in his life that led to the success of Zappos;
- » The real reason he sold LinkExchange to Microsoft for $200m;
- » How Zappos culture was dramatically impacted by what he learned from (and what went wrong with) LinkExchange;
- » The key mistake organizations can make in trying to build a strong culture;
- » The meaning and power of having ‘committable core values’;
- » Why Jenn likens Zappos to her ‘best friend’s little brother’;
- » How Zappos takes risks – and how doing so is integrated with its core values;
- » How they avoided losing Zappos core values during high growth;
- » The key role hiring played in maintaining Zappos culture as it expanded;
- » How Tony sees Zappos changing once he is no longer there;
- » How to build culture organically from the bottom up – and the danger of building it from the top down; …and much more
You can learn more about the Delivering Happiness movement and purchase the book by clicking here.